Free guest bloggers: Register here.
Gain maximum exposure by becoming a Package member.
Guidelines, In a Nutshell:
Important note: Product / service reviews aren’t typically allowed due to how biased they tend to be. If you DO submit a review, try to mention its negative traits and don’t turn the article into a glowing sales pitch.Topics:Blogging: Listicles/tips/tools (800 words minimum)Freelance writing: Listicles/tips/tools/success (700 words minimum)
Side gigs/hustles: Especially when done online (600 words minimum)
- Listiller takes quality seriously. Poor content will be declined, whether you’re a free member or a Package member.
- Don’t publish salesy articles. Only traditional content allowed.
- Don’t sound overly promotional, generally speaking.
- Avoid highly technical pieces, or a boring, overly dry tone.
- Be friendly and conversational.
- Listiller may edit your content lightly
- Be detailed and don’t just provide generic information.
- No “walls of text” – break down paragraphs into 2-3 sentences.
- Include a featured image and (at least) one other image in the body. Our built-in Pixabay plugin is useful for this.
- Back up your claims and link to external sources you mention, for reference.
- Stick around to answer some comments, at least in the beginning.
- Only certain Package members may repost their previously-published content. Click here for details.
- If posting your previously-published content, link back to it with a short note, such as: “This article was originally published on [your-website.com]”
Tip: More detailed guidelines are found below…
More Detailed Explanation of the Above:
This site is ideal for freelancers and self-employed enthusiasts. Our audience is interested in “how-to” guides and ways to make more money independently.
All categories require a minimum word count (the longer the better).
Gigs & Freelance category (Popular!)
600 words minimum.
Creative ways to make side income and being independent (especially through a computer or smartphone).
Think of topics such as “How to Make Money by Doing XYZ” and “Get Paid to XYZ.”
Writing category (Popular!)
700 words minimum.
Freelance writing tips; ways to make money as a writer.
800 words minimum.
Social media, increasing blog traffic, WordPress tips, email marketing, and general blogging.
Note: This is the least favorite category for readers at the moment (relatively unpopular).
Note: Topics on programming, design, and anything that’s highly technical is generally NOT accepted.
Ensure that your topics are fairly easy to implement. Think of the stay-at-home mom or dad who learns about an interesting idea and decides to try it with little hesitation.
Ideal examples include:
10 Apps to Make Money
These Companies Pay You to Check Your Email
Can You Make a Full Time Income with TaskRabbit?
How to Deal with a Client Face-to-Face as an Introvert
How to Launch Your Freelance Business in 30 Days
How I Make $3,000 per Month as a Blogger/Writer
10 Overlooked Freelance Writing Techniques
7 Habits for Guaranteed Blogging Success
Tone and Quality
Your tone should be friendly and conversational.
Be detailed. Don’t just scratch the surface. Explain how something works and provide examples/stats/links.
If you mention a case study or any external reference that supports your article, please link to it.
Please break paragraphs into 2-3 sentences each. A wall of text is unattractive.
Note: If your content is excessively poor, too generic or vague, we will leave it unpublished until you fix it.
Package members may publish existing articles — as long as you own the content.
Previously-published content must link back to the original source at the beginning or at the end. For example: This article was originally published on [your-blog.com].
1-2 self-serving links allowed in the body, only if they are essential to the article.
All articles must have a Featured Image and (at least) one additional image inside the body.
Click the Pixabay icon available from the New Post screen to add them.
*** End of Main Guidelines ***
(Everything below is optional)
Optional: Revenue Share
Package members can insert an ad code from the Revenue Share screen and earn 100% of the revenue for each ad click. Your ad appears at the bottom of the article.
You may also insert a traditional banner instead.
- Only rectangle ads allowed (such as 250×250 or 336×280).
- Important: Insert your username along with the title of your ad. For example:
Note: A Listiller-based ad may appear on articles without your ad code.
Optional: Claiming Paid Assignments (tasks from Listiller itself)
How to claim paid or “direct” assignments, which are found on the right pane of the New Post screen.
- View the task you’re interested in.
- Click “Assign to me” to claim it.
- Click “Write it” when you are actually ready to work on it.
- Click “Mark as Done” when finished.
- Click “Submit for Review.”
Misc. Tips and Notes
We may edit your articles to improve their overall quality.
We own the tasks that we personally pay you for. This means they go under the Listiller (or staff) byline.
Claimed assignments have an unofficial 5-7 day deadline.
Resources: Click here.
FAQ: Click here.