Writer, Marketing – $48,000 to $53,000 Annually
If you’re a wordsmith who loves to write about the educational rewards of travel, this Marketing Writer could be your dream job.
We’re Road Scholar, the not-for-profit leader in educational travel for older adults, and we’re looking to add a new creative mind to our writing team. Don’t think of us as a travel company. We’re more like a university of the world, offering educational adventures in more than 100 countries.
Our ideal candidate is a lot like the Road Scholar writing style — creative, clever, authentic, pithy, interesting and quick to make someone smile. Whether you’re a seasoned copy pro or an MFA grad looking to make the world a better place, we’d love to have you join our team.
- Writing snappy and interesting copy in nearly every medium imaginable: direct mail, email, web, video scripts, our own alumni magazine, fundraising appeals, Facebook and blogs.
- Understanding (or learning) SEO keyword research and how to apply it to your writing projects.
- Working closely with the graphic designer or production artist to produce a perfect finished product.
- Proofreading electronic and print communications to ensure our high level of quality and educational standards.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Researching travel, aging and education-related topics to inform your writing projects.
- Brainstorming creative ways to spread our mission.
- An ethos of excellence.
- Rolling up your sleeves and bringing your best self.
- At least one bad pun.