SEO Content Writer (Contract Role)
Aventura, Florida (Remote)
Nearpod is an award-winning educational technology company that empowers teachers to create engaging and inspiring learning experiences for students by combining access to digital lessons, interactive features (see our Virtual Field Trips and 3D objects initiatives) and real-time assessments. Nearpod has become a leader – and teacher favorite – in teaching and learning.
Since its launch in 2012, Nearpod has seen wide adoption in the K-12 market; In 2017, teachers from over 60% of U.S. school districts, taught over 2.3 million Nearpod lessons reaching students over 50 million times and engaging them over 250 million times in formative assessment interactions. We have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Fortune and local news channels across the country.
Nearpod is headquartered in Miami, Florida and is backed by notable investors that include: Insight Venture Partners, Reach Capital, Storm Ventures, the Stanford StartX Fund, the Knight Enterprise Fund, Arsenal Ventures, Marc Benioff (the CEO of Salesforce) and Scott Cook (founder and Chairman of Intuit) and his wife, Signe Ostby.
Position: SEO Content Writer (Contract-based)
Nearpod is seeking an SEO Content Writer to support the production and publishing efforts of its digital education content. The SEO Content Writer will be responsible for writing SEO metadata for all K-12 lessons published in the Nearpod library –– approximately 250-500 a month. The Writer will be expected to clearly, succinctly distill the essence of the lessons into five metafields of various character length with relevant keywords. All SEO copy must be error free, representative of the lesson content, and optimized to yield the most accurate search results possible.
In order to complete your application, we ask that you please submit a short SEO copywriting sample of 250-300 words. If you don’t have a sample of SEO copywriting, please submit a sample of something you’ve written that was published online.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Write error-free SEO metadata for 250-500 lessons per month
- Ensure all metadata includes relevant keywords and is optimized for search
- Improve SEO guidelines and copywriting strategy
- Support content team in formalizing SEO process
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Available to work 25 hours a week minimum
- 2-5 years of SEO copywriting experience
- Work experience in SEO/SEM, or related field
- Preferred: Work experience in education
- Highly organized, detail oriented, wordsmyth
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated qualities: proactive, problem-solving, self-starter
- Working knowledge of Google Docs, Google Drive, editorial tools
- Passion for technology and improving education through technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Employment Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.