Senior Content Writer, Achieve Test Prep
Most working adults find it challenging to overcome the many obstacles associated with obtaining their college degree. We serve as advisors, teachers, tutors, and mentors, helping our customers, primarily healthcare workers, be more successful at college and on the job. We utilize non-traditional methods, like testing out of college credits via the credit-by-exam process, similar to Advanced Placement (AP) tests, and provide wrap-around services that build confidence, motivation and discipline.
Why work for us?
Founded in 2008 in the U.S., Achieve is a 100% remote company that hires the best candidates from around the world. Become an integral part of a work culture that is diverse, flexible, collaborative, and compelling. We are a growing company that provides financial security with opportunities for professional growth as well as the ability to:
- Work entirely from the comfort of home
- Set your own work schedule
- Earn a competitive compensation commensurate with your location
- Know that your ideas and opinions are important and will be heard
- Help change lives through education
At Achieve, you are guaranteed to make a difference everyday\u2014both in the work you complete and in the lives of our customers.
Achieve is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity in its workforce. We post our open positions on multiple job boards, in an effort to attract candidates who represent different backgrounds, experiences, identities, and perspectives.
We believe this well rounded approach positions Achieve to make employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without disregarding applicants because of their race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, mental health or any other status protected by law.
About The Role
The Senior Content Writer will create and publish digital content that will be used to engage multiple (4-6) target customer segments, with the goal of encouraging each lead to progress down the sales funnel and become a customer.Project management skills are critical for this role. You need to be organized, Methodic, and capable of keeping multiple projects ongoing simultaneously. While the role exists primarily within the marketing team, it will also be required to contribute written materials for the content, product, sales and account management teams.
Lead and Nature
- Write email follow-up campaigns that nurture B2C & B2B leads.
- Produce content for 3 distinct segments \u2013 ready to buy, ready to learn more, and not interested right now.
- Keep track of which strategies are most effective at producing leads who are ready to have a sales conversation.
Sales enablement content
- Write buyer-facing sales enablement content that our sales teams can use to engage prospects during Zoom-type meetings and win deals.
- Create sales content that answers the questions and meets the challenges that our leads have at each stage of the sales cycle.
Authority Level Content
- Conduct research for specific umbrella discussion topics that are relevant to adults returning to college.
- Identify compelling insights within each umbrella.
- Connect the insights to relevant keywords that will drive SEO.
- Establish a unique blogging style.
- Determine how eBooks can play a role in accelerating the education of leads.
- Create landing page content to drive conversion behaviors.
- Develop headlines that tie to content and drive leads to click on those headlines in various social media channels.
- Develop related content for multiple platforms, such as websites, email marketing, product descriptions, videos.
- Collaborate with digital marketing team on how best to design and share the various forms of content.
Activity Cadence Management
- Own the creation and management of an editorial calendar.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of our websites in search results.
Social Media Management
- Writing, editing and publishing engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors.
- Selecting appealing images and videos to complement text.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals.
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio.
- Impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions.
- Ability to write using different tones of voice.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
The successful candidate must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Excels in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with the ability to adapt to change quickly. A teamwork attitude, willing to take on extra tasks and see them through. Acute attention to detail and problem-solving skills are also necessary attributes for the role.
- Type: Selected candidate will have the option to choose to work full-time, part-time or even moonlight
- Schedule: Flexible schedule with availability to overlap during the 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST business day.
- Remote: 100% Online
- Compensation: 60 to 85k, depending on skill and experience