Sales Writer for Small Business Publication – REMOTE OK
About the role:
The Sales Writer will be our resident expert on small businesses on how to build and manage successful sales teams. You will work with both our Managing Editor and Chief Content Officer.
You have experience in sales and writing, including a clear understanding of the entire sales life cycle, from lead generation to customer relationship management. Maybe you love sales, hate the cold-calling grind, and have a passion for writing.
You should also have a great network of sales experts (e.g. sales representatives and account managers) that you can call on as sources for articles. Most importantly, you are passionate about writing and want to share your knowledge in written form to teach our eager readership how to make their small businesses succeed.
Then this is the position for you.
- Researching, writing, and editing articles on sales topics, such as generating leads, presenting products, closing sales, and managing customer relationships.
- Conducting interviews with sales experts, such as top account executives, direct sales managers, sales product experts and enterprise sales representatives (ideally, from your own network).
- Providing in-depth responses to reader questions and other journalists’ queries on the full sales lifecycle.
- Be comfortable participating in social media, webinars, and video to take our sales content to the next level.
Requirements and experience:
- You are comfortable writing about sales or have a strong desire to get your knowledge on paper from years of experience in this field.
- Maybe you are already writing about sales freelance and want to take it to full time.
- You are high energy and passionate about helping sales agents and small businesses succeed.
- You are a great communicator who can explain sales strategies step by step in written form.
- You are comfortable working in a startup environment where things change quickly.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience & past writing background (with opportunity for advancement).
- A health plan.
- 401K plan with matching.
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- The opportunity to work with bright, interesting, and enthusiastic colleagues.