Native Spanish Speaker Creative Content Writer
Mango Languages is looking for a remote Independent Contractor who can craft reading material in their native language, Spanish. In this unique role, you’ll collaborate with our team of experts to create a Mango learning experience like no other.
Curious what your day-to-day tasks will be? You’ll be working with other Mango team members to write interesting, engaging, and informative texts that will improve our learners’ reading skills and, more generally, language knowledge, and help them achieve their language-learning goals. We will also count on you to provide the translation of these texts in English. It would be desirable to also have a thorough understanding of the grammar of your native language.
Just like you, we settle for nothing less than the best. Together, we’ll work to ensure that the quality of the work is truly exceptional, that we create clear, pleasant, and enjoyable content that speaks to our learners’ needs and increases engagement with our brand.
Are you up for a fast-paced, rewarding project that helps promote language and culture learning the world over? Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
- Native Spanish speaker. For this position, we specifically need a native speaker who has a mastery of their native language, word nuances, idiomatic expressions, and dialectal differences.
- Fluent in English. The posts will be created for English speakers and will be converted into English. Full understanding and fluency of the English language and its grammar are needed in order for the translations to be to the point and accurate, and for coordinating and communicating with team members and project managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Spanish Language/Literature or in Creative Writing.
- Experience in writing Spanish texts for various purposes. Examples include, children’s stories, humorous, cultural, culinary, historical texts, reviews, etc.
- Flexible schedule and an availability of up to 20 hours per week.
- Reliable internet connection and a technical understanding of collaborative online tools. All work will be done remotely and online.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must love language, culture, and learning — we all do!
How to Apply
- Submit your resume outlining your experience and qualifications as they relate to the job description.
- Submit a cover letter: Let us know why this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- In order to highlight your writing style, please send us a short sample of your work. It should be around 200 – 300 words and you can choose one of the topics mentioned above. Please indicate the topic you will choose at the top of your submission.
- APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED TASKS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Please note: At this time, we are unable to hire contractors residing in the state of California. Thank you for your understanding.