Legal Editor – LANDLORD-TENANT LAW
Our full-time legal editor position offers a unique opportunity for a lawyer with natural writing and editing ability who is interested in a nontraditional career in law and work-life balance. We are based in Berkeley, California but are open to remote candidates prepared to travel to our office from time to time.
The Landlord-Tenant Legal Editor will:
- Write and edit articles for Nolo’s websites.
- Update books and articles.
- Train and work with freelance writers, and
- Ensure the legal accuracy of content.
The Landlord-Tenant Legal Editor must:
- Show excellent writing and editing skills for a nonlegal audience (blogging or journalism experience is a plus).
- Have a law degree from an ABA-accredited law school and no professional disciplinary history.
- Have at least two years’ experience as a practicing attorney in landlord-tenant law.
- Work well with others.
- Be able to manage several projects at once, and
- Be comfortable with Microsoft Office suite and Windows operating systems.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and an example of writing intended for nonlawyers.