How often should I post on my blog to increase authority, traffic, and branding?
To increase authority, traffic, and branding, the frequency of blog posts depends on what’s best for you (as an individual) or for your company. Smaller businesses have found comfort and success posting one to four times a week, while larger companies can push out daily and, sometimes, multiple daily posts .
HubSpot claims that the more frequently you blog, the more traffic you tend to get (note this is just a correlation rather than causation). Consistently posting three or more times per week gets a huge increase in traffic, especially when writing long-form content (typically posts of over 1,500 words).
The most important thing, though (as obvious as it sounds) is to focus on quality above all else. That being said, these strategies can help increase authority, traffic, and branding:
- Understand your audience: Before writing a blog post, it’s important to understand your target audience. This will help you create content that resonates with them. Don’t just provide what they’re looking for, but rather speak their lingo and get on their level. For example, don’t publish overly simplistic or basic content to an ‘advanced’ audience.
- Write a catchy headline: A catchy headline can grab the reader’s attention and encourage them to read your post. Use numbers, questions, or interesting adjectives to make your headline stand out. If you can’t decide whether to write SEO-friendly or “cheeky” headlines, feel free to alternate between both.
- Hook your readers from the start: The first few sentences of your blog post should be engaging and hook the reader. You can use a story, statistic, or interesting fact to grab their attention.
- Answer questions with your blog posts: People often search for answers to their questions online. By answering common questions in your blog posts, you can attract more traffic to your website.
- Tell a captivating story: Stories are a great way to engage readers and make your content more memorable. Use anecdotes or personal experiences to illustrate your points.
- Make your content easily scannable: Most people don’t read blog posts word-for-word. Use headings, bullet points, and images to make your content easy to scan.
- Invest in thoughtful design: A well-designed blog post can make a big difference in how it’s received by readers. Use high-quality images and choose a font that’s easy to read.
- Be authentic in your writing: Authenticity is key when it comes to blogging. Write in a conversational tone and be yourself.
- Promote it consistently: Don’t just share it once; include it in several of your newsletters, social media, and link to it multiple times as the opportunity arises!