GAMING STAFF WRITER
ComicBook.com is looking for a new team member who is passionate about gaming in all forms (Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, mobile), streamer culture (Twitch) and popular YouTube personalities.
An ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, with general coverage assignments – providing content for our multiple social outlets and our premium subscribers along with interacting with them in our comments section.
- Report and provide written updates on all things gaming culture as assigned by an on-shift managing editor.
- Write or contribute to national features based on interviews performed, as assigned.
- Cover conventions and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content.
- Post within the comments section on site and on social media to interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight.
- Build relationships and develop sources in the entertainment space to provide premium information and break news.
- Provide original content to help grow audience and community.
- Work with managing editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- A successful candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other, related field
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Maintain good organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
- Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team dynamic
- You might also have – Our culture is rooted in a transparent, fast-paced, and competitive environment that fosters growth by embracing consistently increasing goals not only of the individual but the collective company as well. We are a professional work place that will always embrace a start-up mentality.
More Jobs: View over 200 writing / editing jobs daily by becoming a Listiller member.