Food Writer, Taste of Home
TMB (Trusted Media Brands) is a community-driven entertainment company that produces content inspired and created by our fans. We offer best-in-class insights and data-driven marketing solutions that reach engaged communities passionate about food, home, lifestyle, and wellness; following our August 2021 acquisition of Jukin Media, a leading digital entertainment company, we also engage audiences across the pets, humor, and active lifestyle verticals. In all, we reach nearly 60 million people in the U.S., and deliver more than two billion minutes of monthly video viewership across streaming TV and social media. See what is new at FailArmy, Taste of Home, The Pet Collective, Family Handyman, People Are Awesome, Reader’s Digest, The Healthy and Birds & Blooms.
We have offices around the world in New York, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, London, and New Delhi. Each of our offices are open and ready to welcome you! We offer a hybrid culture and enjoy success working at home or in the office. For this role, we want candidates to be in or around the Milwaukee area so we can have you join us in the office sometimes.
About the role:
As a Food Writer for Taste of Home, you are integral to our recipe publishing strategy. Reporting to the Senior Editor, you use your culinary knowledge and polished writing skills to create engaging, on-brand recipe content to help us reach our lofty traffic and production goals. You are clear, creative, organized and flexible. This role will be available on or around July 1, 2023.
You are a whip-smart food writer who thrives on deadlines. You use your culinary expertise and friendly writing style to craft instructive, in-depth recipe articles that follow SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practices and sparkle with the Taste of Home brand voice. You are excited about reaching a large national audience with content that both appeals to our loyal readers and attracts new fans. Organized and efficient, you see feedback as a growth opportunity. At home, you love to cook and track what is happening in the food world.
- You pitch and write SEO-driven recipe content according to daily publishing goals, adhering to AP and house style
- You support editorial strategy with a full understanding of editorial integrity, brand voice, shareability and engagement, and knowledge of SEO principles and social networks
- You tackle assignments with daily direction from the Senior Editor and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- 3+ years of full-time experience writing and/or editing digital food content
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing or a related field – Professional culinary experience or degree a plus
- Research skills and an understanding of what makes a reliable source
- Proven knowledge of SEO keyword research tools, a CMS (Content Management System) such as WordPress, a project database such as Airtable, basic HTML, Microsoft Excel, as well as AP style
- Keen organization skills, consistently meeting deadlines and catching all the details
- Effective communication skills: comfortable accepting and giving constructive feedback, with a commitment to supporting an evolving, dynamic team
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the digital landscape, particularly SEO strategy and performance metrics
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A keen familiarity with, and interest in, the food and food-lifestyle space