Editorial Researcher, Personal Finance
Kiplinger is the leader in personal finance news and business reporting. It’s the go-to destination for personal finance information in the US providing advice on a range of topics including investing, tax, retirement planning and more.
Kiplinger.com is seeking an analytical writer to help readers figure out the best products for themselves, whether they’re a 35-year-old veteran in Maryland or a 75-year-old C-suite exec in Texas. This staff member will analyze personal finance data, including reviewing and comparing personal finance products (like credit cards, savings rates, mortgages and insurance) and deals. They will also source and produce research for reports to be published on the site. This is an early-career opportunity for candidates with a mix of quantitative and editorial skills.
This role requires a great degree of attention to detail to ensure the work meets the standards that Kiplinger.com readers expect. The writer must be able to translate product comparisons and analyses into writing for a general audience. The work may involve both longer-term projects as well as quick-turn – research for individual articles as needed.
** This is a fully remote role **
- Organize and analyze data for coverage on personal finance products including banks, credit cards, insurance, mortgages, and more
- Write reviews, guides and news articles for Kiplinger.com around analyses of personal finance products
- Run reports to develop rankings and comparisons of personal finance products
- Work with the personal finance team to manage coverage involving data and analyses
- Create charts, tables and graphs to present data in an effective format
- Develop ideas for broader use of data (both within team content coverage and by third-parties) that helps to position Kiplinger as an expert authority in the personal finance sector
What do I need to succeed?
- Working knowledge of personal finance products, including credit cards, mortgages, savings accounts, etc.
- Editorial writing experience. Experience with products and ecomm a plus
- Organizational and analytical skills, such as
- Ability to collaborate within an editorial team
- Creative problem-solving to develop analyses and work within CMS
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off
- A share in our success – every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year and access to our unique Value Creation Plan
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Please note, the salary range for this position is $50,000 $60,000
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 3000+ colleagues over 250+ brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We’ve got ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.