WikiHow Staff Writer
wikiHow is seeking talented, ambitious, writers to help us further our mission of teaching anyone in the world how to do anything. Our staff writer program is structured as a 1-year fellowship, which can be extended for multiple years. It is intended for people interested in pursuing a career in writing, ideally for recent college grads.
As a staff writer for wikiHow, you will conceptualize, write, and revise various forms of content. You’ll work with and learn from wikiHow’s best-in class content management team. This remote position is for a full-time 40-hour work week during regular business hours (Pacific time). This is a paid position and includes basic benefits.
For this role, you should have a passion for lifestyle content (mental health and wellness, food, travel, sex and relationships, beauty, and more), but also a willingness to write about an even wider array of topics and trends — from how to bake a classic apple pie to how to make friends in middle school.
What You’ll Do:
– Produce beautiful, thoughtfully written prose in a fast-paced and supportive environment
– Work on a wide range of topics in a variety of formats
– Help readers by writing in a conversational, friendly tone that shows empathy for their problems
– Research articles to provide the best information for our billions of readers
– Participate in other content-related projects and initiatives as needed
What You’ll Bring:
– A college degree, preferably in English, Creative Writing, or another writing-intensive field
– Experience researching, writing, editing, evaluating, and organizing content
– Ability to write in a clear, engaging, and friendly tone across a variety of topics
– Motivation and drive to work independently
– Commitment to both the big picture and routine parts of completing a project
– Eagerness for constructive feedback and collaboration
– Dedication to providing the highest quality work
– Some experience writing content for the internet (Medium article, blog, long-form social media posts)
– A passion for helping people!