Joan Selby

No Comments

1. Elvis Michael
    08/25/2017 @ 13:07 PM

This is amazing, Joan (especially Goalscape, which is completely new to me). Making this whole process fun never hurts, right?

I covered Write or Die a few years ago and still use the app on occasion. I find it especially useful when writing things that don’t require me to stop and research.

Thanks a lot for every suggestion here 😉

Elvis

2. Reika
    08/29/2017 @ 09:51 AM

Write or die sounds super scary! I love it! I will be trying it out as soon as I can. I know it’s extreme but there are times when I want to do something extreme.

3. Patrick
    08/29/2017 @ 15:16 PM

These are some pretty awesome ideas. I have tried beeminder but immediately regretted it after losing money in the first week LOL

• Daniel Reeves
      06/13/2018 @ 01:37 AM

If a Beeminder goal is less than a week old you can actually instantly delete it at any time, even when you’re just about to derail and be charged money. (Kind of defeats the point but that first week is considered a trial period.)

4. Ryan Biddulph
    08/29/2017 @ 22:06 PM

I like the idea behind Goalscape Joan because it forces you to focus on the present. Because this is where our power is. I don’t even do the goals thing. Which confuses the hell out of some folks LOL. Because I just hold an intent, and proceed, focusing myself on the power of now, versus imagining a future or focusing on the pasts, both illusory ghosts.

Ryan

5. Karthik Linga
    08/30/2017 @ 02:52 AM

Wow, Nice ideas to make our writing work as more fun. I didn’t heard it before, just knowing on everything from here now. Will try myself and will share with fellow bloggers to know. Keep up your good work.

Thanks

Well Share ! Keep Sharing !!

6. Richard Witt
    09/01/2017 @ 20:00 PM

Very interesting. I don’t think I’d ever try the one that can erase of all your work. I couldn’t deal with that stress, and I think it would make me less productive. But, I do like your overall concept of turning things into a game…or a challenge so that you push yourself.

7. Adithya Shetty
    09/05/2017 @ 04:38 AM

Hi Joan,

Great tips, I just tried the demo of Write or Die; it’s a very cool tool to improve our productivity!

Thanks for sharing!

8. Ganesh bhojwani
    09/05/2017 @ 16:34 PM

Thank you for sharing your valuable and meaningful information, Nice ideas to make our writing work as more fun. appreciated it.

9. Donna Merrill
    09/06/2017 @ 07:16 AM

Hi Joan,

Thanks for introducing me to some golden opportunities. I would like to give Goldscape because like my buddy Ryan wrote …. its the power of now. I like doing things in the moment.

Now off to check out a new space to write.

-Donna

• Elvis Michael
      09/06/2017 @ 17:56 PM

You and Ryan are absolutely correct – as always. Why leave money and opportunities for later, anyway?

Thanks Donna. It’s great to see you here 😉

Elvis

10. Tea Frank
    09/06/2017 @ 22:30 PM

Hi.New here so there is always usefull to read such things. Thanx 🙂

11. Susan Velez
    09/07/2017 @ 13:53 PM

Hi Joan,

I am actually trying to improve my writing and make it fun in the process. I already write over 1,000 words per day, like Ryan suggested.

I’ve never heard of Goldscape, but it definitely looks great. I’ve gotten into the habit of setting goals and it would be very nice to see them in a pie chart.

I’ll take a look at it this weekend.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment, have a great day 🙂

Susan

12. Andrew M. Warner
    09/14/2017 @ 21:39 PM

Hey Joan,

Good post here.

I remember when I first tried Write or Die (based on hearing so many people talk about it) I absolutely started to panic when it started deleting my work. But it was a great tool to teach you to put down something, ANYTHING. And it helped me become a better writer over time.

I like the concept of Goalscape. It’s something I need to try.

Thanks for this.

– Andrew

13. Pradeep Naresh
    09/17/2017 @ 05:25 AM

Hello Elvis,

This is really great post! I think every blogger or writer always try to improve so these tips are very helpful.

Many thanks for supplying this information.

• Elvis Michael
      09/25/2017 @ 13:46 PM

Glad you enjoyed it 🙂

Elvis

14. Tom George
    09/20/2017 @ 23:54 PM

Hey Joan:

I have used Write or Die.
    But Habitica and Goalscape are new to me. Will defenitley try.

You said it right…procrastination is a huge monster.
    These tools should help.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

15. Vivian Okafor
    09/23/2017 @ 10:04 AM

Just came across this post really nice I must say. I will try out the Habitica as soon as I can and hope to weed out those bad writing habits.

• Elvis Michael
      09/25/2017 @ 13:43 PM

I hope it helps. Writing is admittedly mind-numbing sometimes, so these tools can be a breath of fresh air.

Elvis